WHAT IS THE PROCESS FOR GETTING YOUR TAPCO SCREENS INSTALLED?
1. We will bring out our samples of the screens, doors, and color samples to determine which product you want. TSS will need to measure all of the openings where you would like windows, doors, and patio rooms security screens to be installed
2. After we measure and generate computer drawings using the latest version of AutoCAD we send everything off to Tapco for a quote on your screens
3. Once we have Tapco’s quote, we can generate a proposal for your project which includes material, labor, and a shipping allowance
4. If the proposal is approved, then we will generate a contract
5. When we receive the signed contract and the down payment, we can place the order with Tapco
6. When TSS receives your order in our warehouse, we will set up a date for installation.
Installation of window security screens in brick opening (pic A)
SCREENS INSTALLED OVER WINDOWS
1. We clean the exterior glass on all windows getting the security screens.
2. Depending on the structure of your home or business (brick/stone, siding, and/or stucco) will determine the best method for installing your screens.
3. Some security screen companies will install their security screens directly to your window frame. We do not do that at TSS, because it can void your window warranty and the installation screws can break your window glass, among other things. Additionally, security screens cannot be attached to vinyl windows because the vinyl is not strong enough to hold the installation screws. A weak attachment to your home or business could allow the screens to be pried off.
A. When you have brick, stone, and/or stucco around your windows, we install masonry anchors and pre-drill the screen frames for installing the anchor screws (see pictures A). After the screens are installed we caulk the small gap between the screen frame and the masonry.
B. If your house does not have a deep enough pocket or has siding we will install directly to the wood trim or masonry like the picture on the right (see picture B). Screw covers are installed to conceal the installation screws.
Installation of window security screen on siding (pic B)
Installation of Secure Patio Room screens in brick opening (pics A and B)
SECURITY SCREEN DOORS
1. Doors are screwed to the wood jamb with tamper-resistant screws and screw covers are installed to conceal the installation screws.
2. Sliding patio screens are installed using the same procedure for installing window security screens.
Installation of door security screen in brick opening